[tex4ht] Help on mathjax V3 configuration. Syntax error

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Sun Mar 15 23:19:41 CET 2020

On 3/15/2020 3:05 PM, Michal Hoftich wrote:
> Hi Nasser,
>

>> ====================================
>> (/usr/local/texlive/2019/texmf-dist/tex/generic/tex4ht/html5.4ht)) (./foo.aux)
>> ! Undefined control sequence.
>> \\  ->\let \reserved at e
>>                          \relax \let \reserved at f \relax \@ifstar {\let \reserv...
>>
>> l.101 \EndPreamble
>> =======================
>

> I don't get any error when I compile your mwe, it just doesn't work.
> It works when I use the URL you pass in `\Configure{@HEAD}` to
> \Configure{MathjaxSource}:
>
> \Configure{MathjaxSource}{https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/mathjax@3/es5/tex-mml-chtml.js}
>
> I am bit surprised that I don't need to use \detokenize around TeX
> macros in Mathjax configuration. I used some of your declared macros
> and they seem to work.
>
> Best regards,
> Michal

Thanks Michal for checking.

Since you did not get an error, it must be you are using
different version. So I just did full update of texlive 2019.

Now, I do not get any error !  So it must be something got fixed
in the update.

>make4ht --version
make4ht version v0.3d

(base) >make4ht -ulm default -c ./nma_mathjax.cfg foo.tex
[STATUS]  make4ht: Conversion started
[STATUS]  make4ht: Input file: foo.tex
[STATUS]  make4ht: Conversion finished

I also noticed you added STATUS and -a option which is nice feature,
thanks for that.

So problem resolved now. No errors using mathjax V3. The conversion
tool they setup worked OK.

Best,