[tex4ht] imakeidx index question

"Jürgen Hubert" jhubert at gmx.de
Tue Dec 17 07:24:10 CET 2019

Here is a strange phenomenon I've just discovered:

I am compiling an ebook with a hyperlinked index, using imakeidx. I am also giving subsubsections a counter that is separate from chapters, sections, and subsections - these represent individual stories within the larger book. This is done with

\counterwithout{subsubsection}{subsection}

Now, when the subsubsections have a higher-level subsection, like this:

2. Chapter

2.1 Section

2.1.1 Subsection

31 Story

then any index entries within <Story> refer to "31" within the compiled epub document.

However, if I haven't used any preceding Subsection like this:

2. Chapter

2.2 Section

34 Story

then the index entry within <Story> links back to "2.2" instead of "34".

Can anyone think of a workaround for this? I would really like keep a separate number for the individual stories, and use these as the base for index entries - but for many sections it just doesn't make sense to have subsections in the manuscript.

Best regards,

- Jürgen