[tex4ht] [bug #434] HTML mode is spewing some XML code

William F Hammond gellmu at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 22:04:43 CET 2019

I agree that it's ridiculous at this point to be spinning out html4.
(Gellmu still does it for the terminal-window-web-browser html stream.)

But just let me note that that the text/html serialization of html5 accepts
html4 notation for classical html defined-empty elements such as <br> and
<hr>.

         -- Bill

--
William F Hammond