[tex4ht] Is this a known problem with tex4ht mathjax mode? array inside table

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Sun Sep 22 22:13:19 CEST 2019

I thought to check if this is already a known issue before
I enter a bug. I do not remember if I've seen this before now.

When adding an array inside a longtable, it compiles OK
with lualatex and with make4ht when not using mathjax.

When using mathjax mode, I get a error:

------------------
(/usr/local/texlive/2019/texmf-dist/tex/generic/tex4ht/html5.4ht)) (./foo1.aux)
(/usr/local/texlive/2019/texmf-dist/tex/latex/lm/ot1lmtt.fd)
Runaway argument?
f\left ( x\right ) =\left \{ \begin {array}[c]{ccc} -1 \@endpbox \hskip \ETC.
! Forbidden control sequence found while scanning use of \AltMathOne.
<inserted text>
\par
l.10         -1 &
                  & -\pi\leq x\leq0\\
?
----------------------------

May be mathjax can not handle array inside table?

Here is MWE and the command used to compile it

--------------
\documentclass{article}
%must include this, else make4ht gives error. Strange.
\usepackage[export]{adjustbox}

\usepackage{longtable}

\begin{document}
\begin{longtable}{|p{3in}|p{3in}|}
A & $f\left(  x\right)  =\left\{
      \begin{array}[c]{ccc}
         -1 &  & -\pi\leq x\leq0\\
         1 &  & 0<x\leq\pi
       \end{array}
        \right.
     $
\end{longtable}
\end{document}
-------------------------

Compiled with (all one one line)

make4ht -ulm default   foo1.tex
    "htm,notoc*,mathjax,p-width,charset=utf-8" " -cunihtf -utf8"

When compiled with SVG, no error:

make4ht -ulm default -f html5+dvisvgm_hashes foo1.tex
       "htm,pic-align,notoc*,p-width,charset=utf-8,svg" "-cmozhtf -utf8"

I guess will switch to using SVG to compile this file for now.

Is this mathjax issue or tex4ht?

Using TL 2019 on Ubuntu under windows 10.

Thanks