[tex4ht] [bug #429] htlatex: Does not delete intermediate files

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Wed Jul 3 00:09:51 CEST 2019

On 7/2/2019 11:15 AM, Hilmar Preusse wrote:

>                   Privacy: Public
>               Assigned to: None
>          Originator Email:
>               Open/Closed: Open
>           Discussion Lock: Any
>
>      _______________________________________________________
>
> Details:
>
> https://bugs.debian.org/554637
>
> I've noticed that running
>
> htlatex test.tex "xhtml,ooffice,enumerate+" "ooffice/! -cunihtf -utf8" "-coo"
>
> pollutes current directory with the following intermediate files:
>
> test.4ct
> test.4tc
> test.dvi
> test.idv
> test.tmp
> test.xref
>
> As htlatex is actually trying to do some cleanup, I think these should be
> removed as well. I only expect the following files to stay:
>
> test.lg
> test.odt

tex4ht nor make4ht delete any files after compiling.

You could do this in your Makefile. This is part of one
of my makefiles. I delete all temp files before building.
You can add to this list any files you want deleted.

==== Makefile===
all:: index.htm index.pdf
index.htm : index.tex  title.tex pre.tex Makefile
	-rm -f index.aux
	-rm -f index.ind
	-rm -f index.idv
	-rm -f index.lg
	-rm -f index.tmp
	-rm -f index.4tc
	-rm -f index.4ct
	-rm -f index.xref
	-rm -f index.dvi
	-rm -f index.log
	-rm -f index.tmp
	-rm -f index.css
	-rm -f *.htm
	-rm -f index.ilg
	make4ht ......  <---- add your tex4ht command here as needed
.PHONY: clean

clean::   <---- add target for just cleaning
       -rm -f etc......

======= Makefile ====

So now I just do

make index.htm or make all and all temporary files from last build
are deleted before the build.

Or do "make clean" to just remove temporary files