[tex4ht] Problem with mathjax mode rendering \noalign{\medskip} inside math

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Tue Jan 22 15:39:12 CET 2019

On 1/22/2019 5:42 AM, Michal Hoftich wrote:
> Hi Nasser,
>

>> Is this a mathjax mode issue and it might just need
>> additional configuation changes in mathjax style file?
>>
>> As this is auto-generated code by Maple (which is known to
>> generate not the best latex), I have no control over it.
>
> You just need to provide some definitions for these macros in the config file:
>
> \Preamble{xhtml}
> \Configure{@HEAD}{\HCode{\detokenize{%
> <script type="text/x-mathjax-config">
>    MathJax.Hub.Config({
>     TeX: {
>       Macros: {
>         noalign: ["\#1", 1],
>         medskip: ""
>       }
>     },
>     }
>    );
> </script>
> }}}
> \begin{document}
> \EndPreamble
>

> Note that this definition does nothing, just ignores \noalign and \medskip
>
> Best regards,
> Michal

Thanks Michal;

I tried your fix above now and before that, I always removed
\noalign{\medskip} from file using global search and replace.

In both case, when I compile the file I get

Output written on KERNEL.dvi (487 pages, 3437956 bytes).
Make4ht: Fatal error. Command tex4ht returned exit code 256
[stderr] --- error --- Illegal storage address
Makefile:14: recipe for target 'KERNEL.htm' failed
make: *** [KERNEL.htm] Error 1

I have no had time to make a MWE yet. It is strange
that only when I remove \noalign{\medskip} this happens,
it must be triggering something else.

Have to run to class now but will try to see if I can make a MWE
for this. If not, I'll switch back to SVG to compile this file.

Thanks for the help.