[tex4ht] another problem with mathjax mode: Forbidden control sequence found while scanning use of \AltlDisplay

William F Hammond gellmu at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 05:02:42 CET 2019

Your MWE worked fine for me with no compilation messages other than for
package loading, fully valid HTML 5, and nominal display in Firefox (using
MathJax).  I suppose that I should say that I'm using TeXLive 2017 with no
updating.  Also I'm using a tex4ht invocation based on mk4ht from 2012,
i.e., "mk4ht xhmlatex $1 ht5mathjax"
where ht5mathjax.cfg is:

\Preamble{xhtml,mathml}
\Configure{VERSION}{}
\Configure{DOCTYPE}{\HCode{<!DOCTYPE html>\Hnewline}}
\Configure{HTML}{\HCode{<html>\Hnewline}}{\HCode{\Hnewline</html>}}
\Configure{@HEAD}{}
\Configure{@HEAD}{\HCode{<meta charset="UTF-8" />\Hnewline}}
\Configure{@HEAD}{\HCode{<meta name="generator" content="TeX4ht
(http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/\string~gurari/TeX4ht/)" />\Hnewline}}
\Configure{@HEAD}{\HCode{<link
         rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
         href="\expandafter\csname aa:CssFile\endcsname" />\Hnewline}}
\begin{document}
\EndPreamble

Maybe something in your local system must causing you trouble.

           -- Bill

--
William F Hammond
Email: gellmu at gmail.com