[tex4ht] [bug #407] Support for the `svg` package

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 19:17:58 CET 2018

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Hi all,

The `svg` package can be used for inclusion of the SVG graphics in the LaTeX
documents. It uses Inkscape for conversion from the source file to EPS or PNG.
Since `tex4ht` and HTML supports SVG, this conversion step is unnecessary and
we can just include the picture directly (except for the ODT output, because
it doesn't support SVG). The basic support should be as simple as
`\renewcommand\includesvg[2][]{\includegraphics{#2}}`.

There is one issue though. We already have a `svg.4ht` file, it is used by the
`tex4ht.4ht` for the `svg` option. I guess it should be safe to rename this
file to something like `svg-option.4ht` and use the `svg.4ht` for
configurations for the `svg` package.

Best,