[tex4ht] MathJax support

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Sun Dec 9 12:07:10 CET 2018

On 12/9/2018 4:44 AM, Michal Hoftich wrote:

>> It compiles OK using  make4ht foo1.tex "htm" and compiles OK
>> with lualatex and compiles OK with SVG for math. Only in mathjax
>> mode it gives error.
>>
>> Any idea why this now fails in mathjax mode? I am sure this
>> compiled OK  in mathjax before the latest updates.
>

> Yes, it seems that configurations for math environments didn't take a
> place. Try the attached fixed version of mathjax-latex-4ht.4ht.
>
> Best,
> Michal

Thanks Michal. I replaced

/usr/local/texlive/2018/texmf-dist/tex/generic/tex4ht/mathjax-latex-4ht.4ht

with the file you attached and now the error went away.

But I am little confused. Even though the file compiles ok now using
make4ht foo.tex "htm,mathjax"  the math does not display at all.

I looked at the HTML generated and see no place where it loads mathjax.

ie. I see no

\Configure{@HEAD}{\HCode{ <script type="text/javascript" src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/mathjax/2.7.5/latest.js?config=TeX-AMS-MML_HTMLorMML"></script> \Hnewline}}

like you had in the old mathjax-latex-4ht.sty file (which I no longer use).

Is a user now supposed to add the above line to their .cfg manually? If so,
no problem, I can do this but it was not clear.

thanks