[tex4ht] why \newcommand has no effect when compiling to HTML using mathjax mode, why?

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 09:27:27 CET 2018

Hi Nasser,

> But my question is: Why \newcommand inside Latex had no effect
> when compiling to mathjax but it work in SVG?

Because the \newcommand isn't included in HTML so MathJax cannot see
it. Moreover, it is quite possible that you will need different
command declarations for LaTeX and MathJax.

In the SVG mode, part of rendered DVI file is converted to image, the
DVI file contains result of full macro expansion, so it doesn't suffer
from such issues. MathML output also contains all commands expanded.

Best,