[tex4ht] two additional issues converting latex to HTML with mathjax.

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Tue Sep 11 04:29:45 CEST 2018

I've found two additional issues in using make4ht to
convert using mathjax. (Thanks for Michal for earlier 2 fixes,
they worked very well).

These can also probably be fixed using some magic code by Michal
which is over my understanding and ability to figure out myself.

1) \Aboxed from mathtools do not work in mathjax. This is not
critical, I could always change the program not to use this if
needed, but would be nice to have as \boxed does not work inside
align. Here is MWE

---------------------
\documentclass[11pt]{article}
\usepackage{amsmath,mathtools,amssymb}
\usepackage{mathtools} %for Aboxed
\begin{document}

\begin{align*}
A & B\\
\Aboxed{y &= x}
\end{align*}
\end{document}
-----------------------

2) \DeclareMathOperator  do not seem to work. This is a big problem
since I have so many such declarations in the latex code (over 40) for
many special functions.

So If  I can learn how to make one work in the .cfg file so that mathjax
renders it OK, I'll add the rest myself. Here is an example of two
such cases:

----------------------
\documentclass[11pt]{article}
\usepackage{amsmath,mathtools,amssymb}
\DeclareMathOperator{\RootOf}{RootOf}
\DeclareMathOperator{\Ei}{Ei}
\begin{document}
\[
y = {{\rm e}^{\RootOf \left( {x}^{2}+2\,\Ei \left( 1,-{\it \_Z} \right) \right) }}
\]
\end{document}
------------------

screen shot

https://www.12000.org/tmp/relax/screen_shot_3.png

It should come out like this

https://www.12000.org/tmp/relax/screen_shot_4.png

All these compiled using same command I showed before, which is

make4ht -ulm draft -c ./nma_mathjax.cfg foo.tex
         "htm,0,charset=utf-8" " -cunihtf -utf8"

Where nma_mathjax.cfg is

\RequirePackage{mathjax-latex-4ht}
\Preamble{xhtml}