[tex4ht] what is the fastest way to convert large document to HTML?

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 18:50:47 CEST 2018

Hi Nasser,

> Or may be becuase on VBox, only one core can be used (as far as I know)
> and make4ht checked for this, and that is why it used j1 while on
> windows linux subsystem more cores can be used and it used all available
> there?
>
> My PC happens to have 6 cores actually.
>
> In this case, I will use windows 10 linux subsystem only for builds,
> since then it can do j6. I justed wanted to check with the experts
> if this is what happened.

On windows it checks NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS environmental variable, on
Linux, it parses /proc/cpuinfo. Maybe the virtualbox has only one core
available? Anyway, you can set the number of cores for the current
(updated!!) extension using:

filter_settings "dvisvgm_hashes" {
  parallel_size = 256,
  cpu_cnt = 2,
}

This can be set either in the make4ht build file, or in the .make4ht
file (you can have per-project .make4ht in each directory).