[tex4ht] what is the fastest way to convert large document to HTML?

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Mon Aug 20 07:34:13 CEST 2018

On 8/19/2018 6:53 AM, Michal Hoftich wrote:

> I've made a new version of dvisvgm-hashes.lua. It compresses
> consecutive page ranges, so it shouldn't crate such long page lists.
> Moreover, if GNU Make is available on the system, it makes a Makefile,
> which calls dvisvgm only on subset of pages (64 by default) and it
> calls it in parallel (thanks to Reinhard for this idea). It should
> speed up the compilation in theory, although I am not sure from my
> tests that it really works in practise.

I got the chance now to try it.

It still hangs for me. Does it not hang on your system?

I've put a zip file with all you code, using your new dvisvgm-hashes.lua
and a large latex file to try it on. The zip contains:

>ls -lrt
total 1892
-rwxrwxrwx 1 me me    6548 Aug 20 00:11 dvisvgm-hashes.lua
-rwxrwxrwx 1 me me    5279 Aug 20 00:11 dvireader.lua
-rwxrwxrwx 1 me me     181 Aug 20 00:11 new.mk4
-rwxrwxrwx 1 me me 1917634 Aug 20 00:20 try.tex
drwxrwxrwx 1 me me    4096 Aug 20 00:20 input_latex

Then I typed

make4ht -um draft -e new.mk4 try.tex svg

And it hangs like before, same place. I waited for like
10 minutes,  as I was not sure if it was thinking or just
hanged, but nothing happens.

Here is the zip file

https://www.12000.org/tmp/08182018/STAGGING.zip

Unzipping it, will create folder STAGGING/ and it has the
above content in it. If you like me to try something else
please let me know.

Thank you