[tex4ht] DVI error: page count in postamble doesn't match actual number of pages

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Aug 19 00:03:08 CEST 2018

    I am starting to think this whole mixing of HTML and math is not practical.

Not for a document with 50,000 equations.

I can imagine some sort of checksum-based infrastructure such that only
changed math gets reconverted, like Martin described, but imagination is
all it is. I myself will never have the energy to implement anything
like that.

But why do you need to generate the HTML every time, as opposed to
developing/writing doc using PDF and then just generate HTML at the end,
when you are ready to release/publish it?

Another thought: can you break the document into parts? Such that you
only need to compile something smaller while you're working on it, and
only compile the whole thing together at the end.

I don't believe tex4ht knows anything about \includeonly, but with
regular latex and a document in pieces, you could potentially use that
in order to cut compilation time even more. Info at, e.g.,
http://svn.gnu.org.ua/viewvc/latexrefman/trunk/latex2e.html?view=co#g_t_005cinclude-_0026-_005cincludeonly

Best,
Karl