[tex4ht] [bug #394] Support for oolatex on Debian

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Jun 25 01:36:44 CEST 2018

Follow-up Comment #1, bug #394 (project tex4ht):

Michal - Dirk's post indicates that the crazy %%~/ evaluated to // for him (so
clearly nothing is going to work).

When I try "mk4ht oolatex hello.tex" on a hello,world latex document and TL
18, it works, and the java -classpath call included
/usr/local/texlive/2018/texmf-dist/tex4ht/bin/tex4ht.jar as expected.

Looking at the comments in tex4ht.env, I see that %%~ is supposed to expand to
SELFAUTOPARENT, which would explain a result of "/" on Debian, if they did not
hack t4ht.c to suit their setup, which does not involve SELFAUTOPARENT.

I guess I will write Norbert.