[tex4ht] what would cause " Can't close file `index.tmp' (file is not open)" --- error --- Illegal storage address

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Mon May 28 13:37:54 CEST 2018

Hi Nasser,

> Thank you Reinhard for trying it and confirming. I am glad
> the bug, whatever caused it, is fixed in TL 2018. I
> should updgrade to TL 2018 also.

I can confirm that I don't get this error with TL 2018  as well. I
don't know what could cause this issue to be fixed, to be honest. It
is really strange.

Btw, with TL 2018 you can use the mathjaxnode filter, which can
produce much nicer math than with these png images. See this example:

https://www.kodymirus.cz/samples/mathjaxnode/maths.html