[tex4ht] [bug #378] Wrong MathML output for numbers

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 20:03:31 CET 2018

Hi Deimi,

> There is a section "Digits  into Numbers"
> in tex4ht-xhtmml-xtpipes.tex  file.
> If I read it correctly, the code deals with
>  merging "mn" nodes. Apparently Eitan's approach
> was   to  postprocess  html file with xtpipes (and not to fix c-code).

that's great observation! I can see that this file tries to solve more
issues, like child <mi> elements in <mstyle> or some common HTML issues.
It can be requested using -cxhtmml option for t4ht, like:

    make4ht -u filename.tex "mathml" "" "-cxhtmml"

I can see some issues here though: it translates utf8 characters to HTML
entites and it insert end tags for <meta> or <link> elements, which
results in non-valid HTML file.

Anyway, I think I will make a default filter to fix these issues for
make4ht, as Eitan clearly used a post-processing himself.