[tex4ht] Why tex4ht changes apostrophe to Right Single Quotation Mark?

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Mon Jan 15 18:01:34 CET 2018

On 1/15/2018 3:30 AM, Michal Hoftich wrote:
> Hi Nasser,
>
>> upquote works. It fixes '  in verbatim. _but_ when adding
>> the --lua option, it no longer works. something breaks.
>
> it seems that upquote loads different fonts with LuaTeX, it requires
> the textcomp package. The tex4ht configuration contained wrong
> character for \textquotesingle, it is the right single quote instead
> of apostrophe. I've fixed the sources. You can try the attached file
> lm-ts1.htf.
>
> Best,
> Michal

Thanks Michal.  I did a quick test on my main makefile
and it works now.

Changed the file

/usr/local/texlive/2017/texmf-dist/tex4ht/ht-fonts/unicode/lm/lm-ts1.htf

With the file you attached. Problem seems to be fixed now.

ps. for some reason kpsewhich lm-tsl.htf does not find the file
so had to search for the file location using `find`

thanks