[tex4ht] [bug #371] TikZ externalization and PDF images

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 14:52:24 CEST 2017

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

I've added support for TikZ externalization and for PDF image inclusion.

The externalization supports means that TikZ will not try to externalize the
images with tex4ht compilation, saved images will be used instead. So it is
necessary to compile the document using (pdf|lua|xe)latex first, with
-shell-escape option. The externalized images will be included as PDF.

This is connected with the second new feature, which is PDF image support. PDF
images will be converted to some supported format, I've added support for SVG
support as default. Inkscape is used for the conversion. New configuration,
PdfConvert have been added. It has two arguments, first is the image format
which should be used, the second is a command used for conversion.

This is the default configuration:

\Configure{PdfConvert}{svg}{"inkscape -z -f '\Gin at base.pdf' -l
'\Gin at base.\a:PdfConvert'"}

I think we can add more configurations and use the command line options for
choosing among them.

The main reason to use the externalization instead of the default TikZ support
for tex4ht, is that it has better support for text nodes  and more TikZ
features. And also the compilation speed should be better.

File Attachments:

Date: Mon 16 Oct 2017 03:52:24 PM EEST  Name: sample.tex  Size: 1kB   By:
michal_h21

<http://puszcza.gnu.org.ua/bugs/download.php?file_id=287>