[tex4ht] [bug #365] ProTex.sty and AlProTex.sty links do not work for me

Vincent Belaïche vincent.b.1 at hotmail.fr
Mon Aug 14 12:29:15 CEST 2017

Follow-up Comment #6, bug #365 (project tex4ht):

Dear Karl,

I noticed that you have closed this one. Let me please make some additional
comment.

>From Windows2000, MSWindows is able to handle symlinks provided that the user
account is configured accordingly and that the console in which you create the
symlinks has UAC elevation (basically this means that you need to do something
like _su admin_.

The problem is that my svn client is not able to following MSwindows native
symlinks (ie NTFS symlinks indeed) even when it is run in a console with UAC
elevation. However, the picture is not so gloom, as if I create the symlinks
manually after the SVN checkout, then any subsequent svn update does not erase
them.

This link is useful for configuring MSWindows :
https://github.com/git-for-windows/git/wiki/Symbolic-Links

One needs MSYS2, with the following settings :
* uncomment the "set MSYS=winsymlinks:nativestrict" line in script
msys2_shell.cmd
* run msys2_shell.cmd as administrator