[tex4ht] [bug #365] ProTex.sty and AlProTex.sty links do not work for me

Vincent Belaïche vincent.b.1 at hotmail.fr
Fri Jul 28 14:02:35 CEST 2017

Follow-up Comment #3, bug #365 (project tex4ht):

Dear Karl,

I don't know how the link ../protex/ProTex.sty works, but I presume that this
is dependant on the version control system. This means that anyway, if you
don't apply that sort of change as I proposed, you will get in trouble if ever
you migrate from SVN to something else like GIT.

I understand that tex4ht is quite complex. I don't want to cause any trouble,
that is all the contrary : I am currently looking into it, and hopefully this
can help the tex4ht team in their difficult progress. The price to pay for
that is to carry out this kind of minor changes.

I attached a simpler patch that just does the protex symbolic links. It also
contains the removal of the dummy lit/protex files.

I would like to help with the generation and the unitary tests before changing
a single piece of code.

I am also currently looking at generating all the dependancies with an AWK
script so that the lit/Makefile would work better. That also helps me better
understand what is under the hood of tex4ht. I let you know about this when it
becomes more mature.

(file #279)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: patch-1.diff                   Size:1 KB