[tex4ht] [bug #349] xr-hyper

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 00:39:29 CET 2016

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Victor Ivrii reported on TeXhax issue with xr-hyper package. I've found that
the tex4ht configuration is identical with xr package. There are two issues:
\externalcommand has additional optional argument in xr-hyper, it ends in the
document, causing compilation error, because it is before \begin{document}.
The other issue is that \newlabels defined by hyperref the aux file have 5
arguments instead of two, but tex4ht macros read only these two, so the rest
of them is executed at wrong place.

I think I've fixed these issues and commited the fixes to the repo.

Sample files:

%%%%%%%% sample.tex
\documentclass[12pt]{memoir}
\usepackage{xr-hyper}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\usepackage{bookmark}
\usepackage{nameref}
\externaldocument[Alpha-]{Alpha}[***some url***]
\begin{document}
\ref{Alpha-three}....\nameref{Alpha-three}
\end{document}
%%%%%%%

%%%%%% Alpha.tex
\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{xr-hyper}
\usepackage{hyperref}
% \usepackage[capitalise,noabbrev]{cleveref}
\usepackage{nameref}
% \crefname{equation}{}{}

\begin{document}

\section{MyTitle}\label{three}