[tex4ht] [bug #345] regression testing is needed

Deimantas Galcius deimantas.galcius at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 13:37:52 CET 2016

Hi Karl, Michal,

I've committed quick and dirty showcase of testing using
l3build system, which l3team has developed and is using for their
testing needs. If you find it suitable, we can adapt it for tex4ht.

Sample files are
testfiles:
   t-suits.lvt  - tex file
   t-suits.tlg - html file (pre-saved)

To run a test (in tests/ folder):
$ make check

This runs "htlatex" on tex file (lvt) and makes diff  of generated html file against pre-saved html (tlg).

My idea is to adapt l3build system for tex4ht needs.
But I'm sure you have better ideas.

-- regards, deimi

On 12/14/2016 02:04 AM, Karl Berry wrote:
> Follow-up Comment #1, bug #345 (project tex4ht):
>
> I added a top-level tests/ directory with the assorted files I've collected
> over the last few years -- hello,world stuff plus some bug examples.
>
> Unfortunately I have done nothing to actually run/regress them, but it's what
> I've got. Michal or Deimi, maybe one of you would be able to make a start on
> it? Just hoping.
>
> Also, there's a subdirectory tests/biblatex/ with the biblatex tests as I last
> received them from CVR. There's been a new biblatex release a few days ago, so
> they probably need to be updated.

>    <http://puszcza.gnu.org.ua/bugs/?345>

>    Message sent via/by Puszcza
>    http://puszcza.gnu.org.ua/