[tex4ht] [bug #339] remove/rewrite braille code

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed Nov 2 01:05:45 CET 2016

On 2016-11-01 at 17:08:22 +0000, Karl Berry wrote:

 > No luck. I had thought that Ohio State sent me a complete dump of
 > Eitan's directories, but the string "subrl" does not appear there. I can
 > only surmise he was working on a laptop or another development machine
 > when he died, and I doubt there's any way to track it down now, seven
 > years later.  This (Braille/speech/whatever output) is what Eitan was
 > actively working on at the time.

When I heard that Eitan passed away I made a copy (wget -r) of

  http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari

and I suppose that this is what you got from the university.  I looked
into my archive, listed the contents of the ZIP files therein, and
didn't find anything related to Braille either.

Don't know whether Eitan developed it on another machine.  Making
anything in a user's HOME directory available to the public without
explicit permission is always quite problematic.  Hence I can imagine
that they deliberately didn't investigate thoroughly.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25
D-30167 Hannover                    mailto:reinhard.kotucha at web.de