[tex4ht] [bug #339] remove/rewrite braille code

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Nov 1 18:08:22 CET 2016

    what kind of system/code/workflow Antonis refers to as
    "Braille support in tex4ht"

Those were my words, not his.  He's referring to what tex4ht-html-speech
outputs -- some form of XML.  His actual words are below.

      "SuBrl: A LaTeX to braille converter"
    http://www.dotlessbraille.org/gurari.htm
    Does anybody know about source files?

No luck. I had thought that Ohio State sent me a complete dump of
Eitan's directories, but the string "subrl" does not appear there. I can
only surmise he was working on a laptop or another development machine
when he died, and I doubt there's any way to track it down now, seven
years later.  This (Braille/speech/whatever output) is what Eitan was
actively working on at the time.