[tex4ht] tex4ht-misc -> tex4ht-4ht

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Jun 15 02:11:34 CEST 2016

Hi Michal - can you please merge the lettrine.4ht support into
tex4ht-4ht.tex, and then remove tex4ht-misc.tex?

As I recall, I asked you to make it in a separate file just to start
making things not so huge, but it turns out there is a problem:
tex4ht-4ht.tex (and now tex4ht-misc.tex) both write a file mktex4ht.cnf
(I'd never heard of it before), and that file is what ends up
determining which packages tex4ht thinks it can handle.

E.g., ooffice.4ht starts with:

  \exit:ifnot{Preamble,%
algorithmicx,%
alphanum,%
..
lots more
..
xcolor}

if mktex4ht.cnf was last created by tex4ht-4ht.tex, but has merely:
  \exit:ifnot{Preamble,%
tex4ht}

when it was last created by tex4ht-misc.tex.  This is what was causing
the seemingly-random discrepancy in the .4ht file.  It has happened with
other files too.

Thanks,
Karl

P.S. I'd look into doing the merge, but I'm going to be offline the next
couple of days.  Back this weekend ...