[tex4ht] [bug #136] #line in output

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Jun 2 23:54:43 CEST 2016

Follow-up Comment #4, bug #136 (project tex4ht):

hi deimi - thanks for the patch.  agreed about protex. i've never imported
protex into the tex4ht repository since we hadn't yet needed to make changes
there. however, i see no problem in doing so.

what's on CTAN is current as far as i know.  maybe you could work up the patch
against that, send it here. i'll see about importing protex into our repo and
making a release. unless someone else here would like to take that on ...

as for an option: for the C files, I see no need for an option.
but for the TeX-related .4ht and other files, it seems it would be prudent to
be able to turn off line numbers at the beginning of a given tex4ht-*.tex
literate file, since I can imagine the extra comments causing problems
sometimes.  we all know about TeX and input parsing ... thanks, k.