[tex4ht] [bug #303] tex4ht ignores extension of HTML when using showframe option in geometry pacakge

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Sat May 21 09:38:10 CEST 2016

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Very strange bug. I added the option showframe to the geometry package in my
Latex file to test something, and found that htlatex started creating HTML
files with extension .html instead of .htm, even thought I did not change my
makefile where I tell it to use .htm.  here is a MWE

---------------------------
\documentclass[12pt]{book}%
\usepackage[letterpaper,showframe]{geometry}
\begin{document}
test
\end{document}
------------------------------

Compiling with the following, telling it to use "htm" for extension, not
"html"

htlatex foo.tex "htm"

but it created foo.html instead, ignoring the request. Now removing the
showframe option from the Latex file:

---------------------------
\documentclass[12pt]{book}%
\usepackage[letterpaper]{geometry}
\begin{document}
test
\end{document}

Using same command to compile, will now create foo.htm as expected.

This cause my build to fail, because it was looking for .htm file and not
.html file.

Using TL 2015  tex4ht.c (2012-07-25-19:36 kpathsea)