[tex4ht] [bug #275] titlesec package slows down tex4ht

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 17:38:06 CEST 2016

Follow-up Comment #1, bug #275 (project tex4ht):

I am not sure what to do with this. titlesec really can't work with tex4ht, as
sectioning commands are heavily redefined by tex4ht and they should be
configured using CSS, titlesec's configurations can't be used due to totally
different display models between DVI/PDF and CSS.

It would be best if titlesec wasn't loaded at all with tex4ht, only dummy
definitions of macros which may be used in the document. The problem is that
tex4ht redefines macros after the end of preamble, so we can't fix the macros
which were called in the preamble. So you must either modify your document to
include problematic package only when tex4ht isn't called, or the package
itself must be modified to cooperate with tex4ht.