[tex4ht] Typesetting source code and pseudo-code

Hans Georg Schaathun georg+tex at schaathun.net
Tue Jan 5 07:11:33 CET 2016

On Tue, Jan 05, 2016 at 10:19:17AM +0530, Jagath AR wrote:
> Hi Hans,
> Could you please send a minimal working example with the problem and the
> command line used to generate the html file.

Sure.  I attach a TeX file and the resulting XML file compiled using
  htlatex test.tex "xhtml,2,mozilla,charset=utf-8" " -cmozhtf -utf8" \
      "-cvalidate"

As you can see, tex4ht uses a <div> tag where obviously a <code>
tag should be used, and the XML is not syntactically correct,
firefox reports that
  XML Parsing Error: mismatched tag. Expected: </div>.
  Location: file:///home/georg/tmp/test.xml
  Line Number 37, Column 34:

  class="cmmi-10x-x-109">A</span></mrow><mrow

(I should also have liked to make a verbatim-like environment which
uses a <code> tag as the main (outermost) tag, but I do not have a
minimal example since I do not know where to start defining it.)

:-- George

--
:-- Hans Georg