[tex4ht] Blackboard bold

Hans Georg Schaathun georg+tex at schaathun.net
Mon Aug 24 20:44:40 CEST 2015

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 08:32:58PM +0200, Michal Hoftich wrote:
> could you please provide some sample document? This depends on your
> input, in particular on used fonts. We can map LaTeX font symbols to
> unicode values, so it shouldn't be impossible to get blackboard letters
> without some custom macros.

Of course here is an example:
\documentclass{scrartcl}
\usepackage{bbm}
\def\Z{\mathbbm{Z}}
\begin{document}
$\Z$
\end{document}

I am not sure what you have in mind.  You are right that there is are
Unicode characters for blackboard bold letters.  A common solution
in LaTeX would however code it as a blackboard bold font.  I have not
checked the implementation of the bbm package, so I do not know what
that one does.

Either way, I am not hellbent on using bbm; any solution which works
in both PDF and XML output is fine.

--
:-- Hans Georg