[tex4ht] [bug #261] add full support for kpfonts when compiling in SVG mode for math

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 14:17:49 CEST 2015

Hi Deimi

> please can you post a command line you use for matml output?

it is something like

    make4ht -um draft test mathml " -utf8 -cmozhtf"

or more traditionally

    htlatex test "xhtml,mathml,charset=utf-8" " -utf8 -cmozhtf"

> I did not use any automation. It would be difficult to make it. Although I
> think about automation for chinese fonts.
> My approach is to use proofsheets for a  (math) font, so I can quickly
> identify problems.
> proofsheet  is  an html table where I put
> char number;  picture of a char; and unicode value (or whaterver comes from
> a htf);
>
> How do to produce a missing htf font? For example, jkpex.htf.
> My method is as follow:
> -  guess the best possible match for another font (that has htf counterpart)
> E.g. for jkpex font I thought that it would be using same encoding as
> cmex10.
> I made jkpex.htf  file with an alias for 'cmex' and run proofsheets so  I
> can validate my guess.
> Another option I use to compare fonts (and encodings) is generate tables
> with nfssfont (`pdflatex nfssfont`) and compare  PDFs.
> After comparison it was clear that jkpex font is an extended version of
> cmex10.
> So, for literate code I took cmex font from tex4ht-font-noncjk.tex as a
> basis and added some extra characters.

OK, nice :) I tried to do automation with
https://github.com/michal-h21/htfgen

and it works reasonably well for text fonts, but not for math fonts,
where manual work is probably needed.

> Probably it would be better to make a patch for a tex4ht-font-noncjk.tex
> file.

This file is already really huge, maybe it would be better to split
it, I think your file can serve as template.