[tex4ht] [bug #261] add full support for kpfonts when compiling in SVG mode for math

Deimantas Galcius deimi at vtex.lt
Wed Aug 5 11:17:16 CEST 2015

Hi, Michal,

> I can confirm that mathml output seems nice as well, only thing I've
> spot is that not all characters in \mathcal{ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ}
> are converted to their unicode counterparts, but it is only minor
> problem.
please can you post a command line you use for matml output?

> This is really nice. Could you post some notes about the method you used
> for math font conversion? Had you used any automation?
I did not use any automation. It would be difficult to make it. Although I think about automation for chinese fonts.
My approach is to use proofsheets for a  (math) font, so I can quickly identify problems.
proofsheet  is  an html table where I put
char number;  picture of a char; and unicode value (or whaterver comes from a htf);

How do to produce a missing htf font? For example, jkpex.htf.
My method is as follow:
- /guess the best possible match for another font/ (that has htf counterpart)
E.g. for jkpex font I thought that it would be using same encoding as cmex10.
I made jkpex.htf  file with an alias for 'cmex' and run proofsheets so  I can validate my guess.
Another option I use to compare fonts (and encodings) is generate tables with nfssfont (`pdflatex nfssfont`) and compare  PDFs.
After comparison it was clear that jkpex font is an extended version of cmex10.
So, for literate code I took cmex font from tex4ht-font-noncjk.tex as a basis and added some extra characters.
Probably it would be better to make a patch for a tex4ht-font-noncjk.tex file.

> It is better, as you can easily configure the method used for dvi to svg
> conversion. See Nasser's page for efficient method for conversion files
> with huge number of equations:
>
> http://12000.org/my_notes/faq/LATEX/layout/#x1-40002
>
> Best regards,
> Michal