[tex4ht] is it possible to use kpfonts with tex4ht?

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Thu Jul 30 05:04:05 CEST 2015

On 7/29/2015 9:22 PM, Jagath AR wrote:
> On 29 July 2015 at 09:04, Nasser M. Abbasi <nma at 12000.org> wrote:
>
>> I was reading this post
>>

>> http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/59702/suggest-a-nice-font-family-for-my-basic-latex-template-text-and-math
>>
>> And I liked the pkfonts shown there. But when I tried to compile the file
>> with htlatex, the display math came up ok, but the inline math did not,
>> and I see many errors about missing fonts:
>>
>> texfot htlatex foo.tex
>>
>> This is too bad, since it looks really nice in pdf.
>> Is there something one can do to fix the above to that it work for inline
>> math as well? Need another package may be?
>>

> Hi Nasser,
> ​The display math appeared properly because it is converted as an image.
> ​If you want to convert your inline math also to image, please add the
> following to your custom configuration file:
>
> \Configure{$}{\PicMath}{\EndPicMath}{}
>
> ​Regards
> Jagath AR​

Thanks Jagath;

Yes, it works with the above command, but _only_ with png, which
I no longer use. I have switched to svg for math since the math
is much better.

The problem is that when I compile it to use svg for math, I get
total mangled text everywhere in the web page. On the display math
looks good. But the actual text is all funny letters and
strange characters. Here is a screen shot

http://12000.org/tmp/072915/output.png

The second plot below is compiling using

htlatex foo.tex

-----------------
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{ntheorem}
\newtheorem{theorem}{Theorem}
\usepackage{amsmath}
\DeclareMathOperator{\Res}{Res}

\usepackage{kpfonts}

\begin{document}
\Configure{$}{\PicMath}{\EndPicMath}{}
\pagestyle{empty}
\begin{theorem}[Residue Theorem]
Let $f$ be analytic in the region $G$ except for the isolated
singularities $a_1,a_2,\dots,a_m$. If $\gamma$ is a closed
rectifiable curve in $G$ which does not pass through any of the
points $a_k$ and if $\gamma\approx 0$ in $G$, then
\[
   \frac{1}{2\pi i}\int_\gamma\! f = \sum_{k=1}^m
   n(\gamma;a_k)\Res(f;a_k)\,.
\]
\end{theorem}
\end{document}

And the first screen shot is from compiling
using make4ht but tell it via my .cfg to use SVG for math
as I have in my cheat sheet
http://12000.org/my_notes/faq/LATEX/layout/index.htm

The SVG math quality is to much better, so I will not
for some reason.

Thanks,