[tex4ht] Small caps: LibreOffice

Guido Milanese guido.milanese at inbox.com
Fri Aug 22 10:45:59 CEST 2014

I tried to find a discussion about this point but I did not succeed --
my apologies if this has been already dealt with.
I use tex4ht to convert to MsWord /via/ LibreOffice, and it's all right:
particularly now that there are no problems with Biblatex, I am very
grateful... every day. I have a minor problem. In many bibliography
formats author names must be printed in small caps. Converting to
HTML/XML it's all right, but the ODT output features small caps but all
the letters are uppercase letters. In order to get a proper output I
must select the word and capitalise only the first letter. Not a big
deal, I can do it with a macro that executes
ChangeCase-->CapitaliseEveryWord, but I just wished to see if I am doing
something wrong.
I tried both with this command line:

htlatex $1 "xhtml,ooffice" "ooffice/! -cmozhtf" "-coo" "-cvalidate"

and with

mk4ht oolatex $1

I am on xubuntu 13.10. mk4ht Version 1.1. tex4ht.c 2012-07-25-19:36

Thank you very much for your kind attention.
Guido Milanese, Italy