[tex4ht] [bug #228] tex4ht does not accept \setcounter{tocdepth} in report class

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Fri Aug 15 19:20:40 CEST 2014

On 8/15/2014 6:16 AM, Michal Hoftich wrote:
> I've found source of this issue, details are in my answer at TeX.sx:
> http://tex.stackexchange.com/a/195628/2891
>
> strange thing is that this code is used several times at different
> places in the sources, but I also found, that for ams classes, correct
> method is used:
>
> \<entries for tocs of amsbook.cls\><<<
> \ifnum \c at tocdepth >-2 part,likepart,\fi
> \ifnum \c at tocdepth >\m at ne chapter,likechapter,appendix,\fi
> \ifnum \c at tocdepth >\z@ section,likesection,\fi
> \ifnum \c at tocdepth >1 subsection,likesubsection,\fi
> \ifnum \c at tocdepth >2 subsubsection,likesubsubsection,\fi
> \ifnum \c at tocdepth >3 paragraph,\fi
> \ifnum \c at tocdepth >4 subparagraph,\fi
> UnDFexyz
>>>>

> I hope that I updated all occurrences in the sources and didn't break
> anything, testers are welcomed!

Michal;

Thanks for the patch file.

Can you please  give the command one needs to use to apply
the patch file you attached in Linux? To use the patch command
one needs to know the patch file to patch.

Looking at the top of the patch file you attached, it
says tex4ht-4ht.tex, but I do not have such a file on my tree:

>pwd
/usr/local/texlive
>find . -name tex4ht-4ht.tex

Nothing found. I assume I need to do, as root

patch tex4ht-4ht.tex < toc.patch

?

Where toc.patch is the file you attached.

thanks,