[tex4ht] future support for multicols in htlatex?

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Fri Jul 12 19:37:04 CEST 2013

For completeness, a final update.

Jagath AR was kind enough to help me more off line. Now multiple
columns work OK with htlatex. no problem with enumeration lists.

I added a small note on this with the final .cfg to use as
template/example to my latex cheat sheet here, under the tex4ht
section in the table of contents

http://www.12000.org/my_notes/faq/LATEX/html_and_latex.htm

So, now one can do basic multiple columns in htlatex.

Some of the parameters are hardocoded in the .cfg, (column
separation, and thickness of lines for example) but this is not a
big problem for me. it is easy to edit the .cfg to change these
if needed.

The nice thing is that now one can just type

\begin{multicols}{2}
\end{multicols}

And this will work both in pdflatex  and in htlatex as well.

Thanks again for Jagath's time on this to help make this feature
much easier to use until a final offical support for multicol is added
in tex4ht.