[tex4ht] Possible link bug in htlatex with biblatex and arXiv

Danny Baillie danny.baillie at otago.ac.nz
Thu Jan 24 12:02:31 CET 2013

Hi all,

I've noticed the following issue and would welcome comment.

If I use pdflatex or latex+dvipdf on the following example, the link in the .pdf is correctly directed to http://arxiv.org/abs/1205.1888:

      @article{ref, Archiveprefix = {arXiv}, Eprint = {1205.1888}}

If I use htlatex on the same example (no htlatex options), the link in the .html is to 1205.1888 with no prefix (i.e. it incorrectly points to the current directory). The relevant part of the .html is (I've removed an unimportant span):

   arXiv: <a href="http://arxiv.org/abs/1205.1888" ><a href="1205.1888" >1205.1888</a></a>

so, htlatex knows about the right url, but it's putting an incorrect one "on top".

If I use similar code with bibtex (\usepackage{natbib} and \bibliographystyle{apsrev4-1}) then the .html from htlatex correctly points to http://arxiv.org/abs/1205.1888 and the .html is then correctly (note also the position of the "arXiv:" label): 

    <a href="http://arxiv.org/abs/1205.1888" >arXiv:1205.1888</a>

Normal journal links (not arXiv) are working fine in htlatex using either biblatex or bibtex.

To reiterate, in order to have this problem the combination must be htlatex and biblatex and arXiv. All other combinations seem to be OK. 

I've just done a tlmgr update and my versions are tex4ht.c (2010-12-16-08:39 kpathsea) and t4ht.c (2010-12-16-08:47 kpathsea).

Danny Baillie

More information about the tex4ht mailing list