[tex4ht] Cross references and citations do not show in LibreOffice after htlatex conversion

Kirill Müller kirill.mueller at ivt.baug.ethz.ch
Wed Dec 12 16:34:33 CET 2012

Hello

When trying to convert a simple LaTeX document to
LibreOffice/OpenOffice, cross references and citations do not show in
the final document. They do when converting to (X)HTML, but this has
other drawbacks. How to set up conversion to LibreOffice properly?

I'm using Ubuntu 12.10 with packaged TeXlive 2012 and LibreOffice 3.6.

The code required to replicate this can be downloaded from
https://github.com/muelleki/lm-template/archive/ooffice.zip or checked
out using Git from https://github.com/muelleki/lm-template/tree/ooffice,
look for the branch "ooffice". To compile, use "make texput.odt".

I use the following commands to compile the document:

     latexmk texput.tex
     htlatex texput.tex "xhtml,ooffice,bib-" "ooffice/! -cmozhtf" "-coo
-cvalidate"

Analysis of the generated `content.xml` file (inside `texput.odt` which
in fact is a ZIP archive) shows mysterious `<t4htlink>` elements, I'm
not sure they're part of the Open Document specification... Removing the
opening and closing tags fixes the issue, at least for the reference to
the section. The citation needs some more fixing. (The results don't
change if I omit the `bib-` switch for the compilation.)

This has also been posted to TeX.SX:
http://tex.stackexchange.com/q/86728/8057

Thank you.

Best regards