[tex4ht] biblatex, biber, and htlatex

Thompson,Paul Paul.Thompson at SanfordHealth.org
Thu May 17 17:48:33 CEST 2012

This is an issue. I have had problems with biblatex.4ht. I have to hunt all over to find the most recent canonical version, and since everything is current on the Internet, multiple versions can all exist at one time. Where is the canonical source for these versions? When directing people to get the "most current version", such directions are helpful.
You allude to a version 1.6. Is that the most current version?

When I run a document which actually compiles, I get the following in the .log file:

("C:\Programs\MiKTeX 2.9\tex\generic\tex4ht\biblatex.4ht"
version 2010-03-31-15:16

This does not reference a version number in anything of the form 1.6 or whatever. How can a person keep current in this area?

-----Original Message-----
From: tex4ht-bounces at tug.org [mailto:tex4ht-bounces at tug.org] On Behalf Of Christian Fearnot
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2012 8:27 AM
To: tex4ht at tug.org
Cc: j.reagle at neu.edu
Subject: Re: [tex4ht] biblatex, biber, and htlatex

Joseph:
>> Have you replaced
>> biblatex.4ht in /usr/share/texmf/tex/generic/tex4ht/biblatex.4ht with a
>> new version?
>
> I'm using the most current tlmgr versions. The log file in the minimal
> eg says:

It seems to me then that your answer is No. Please be clear. You need to
replace the file biblatex.4ht with the new version of that file. The
tlmgr installs tex4ht which contains probably an older version of that file.

Besides that, as I have written already, I think that you have to use
biblatex 1.6, not 1.7. There is no biblatex.4ht for 1.7 yet.
Daniel

privileged and confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use,
recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy
all copies of the original message.