[tex4ht] tex4ht latex beamer mathml converting (Ubuntu, PHP)

Ivan Ermilov earthquakesan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 15:18:03 CET 2012

Hi, Bill!

> The following is an example of an HTML slide show with MathJax-based
> > math.  Is this the kind of output you want?  (It was not made with
> > tex4ht, but the source, like MathJax source, is LaTeX-like.)
> >
> http://www.albany.edu/~hammond/presentations/MathClub1103/mathclubht.html
> >
> Otherwise, could you provide an example, with at least two slides
> > containing math, of such an .html file, placed on the web so that we
> > can see what you want in our browsers.  Send the url to this list.
> >
> >                                    -- Bill
> >

> Thanks for your answer. Yes, I want the similar output, but with the math
> like:
>
> \left( \sum_{k=1}^n a_k b_k \right)^2 \leq \left( \sum_{k=1}^n a_k^2
> \right) \left( \sum_{k=1}^n b_k^2 \right)
>
> Here is the link to presentation:
> http://slidewiki.aksw.org/?url=main/deck&deck=30#tree-30-slide-216-3-view
> Also, can you please provide me the list of options for the config file
> (like hooks, html, png etc.) or where to look for them and the manual for
> creation .4ht packages (or what I need to know to hack one of them and
> understand how it works). I don't know where to start.

To be more specific here is the files I'm trying to convert (lectures on
Information Retrieval from Stuttgart university):
http://www.ims.uni-stuttgart.de/lehre/teaching/2009-SS/ir/ (don't forget to
install necessary beamer style files, they've got link on the site).
I will be satisfied with completely rendered lecture (all information with
TOC, Lists etc.) and ability to divide slides one from other (I need to
inject them in database). Also, as I mentioned, I need to maintain format
of formulas as they appear in LaTeX (MathML will be okay too, though I can
convert it back to LaTeX later).
Looking forward to your answer and directions on tweaking the tex4ht tool.

Best regards,
Ermilov Ivan.