[tex4ht] Again biblatex

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Thu Oct 6 06:47:45 CEST 2011

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 3:31 AM, Thompson,Paul
<Paul.Thompson at sanfordhealth.org> wrote:

> Thanks for your comments, Karl. I trust that you and all regarded
> my comments as supportive.

Absolutely. Me and Karl have been trying hard to make TeX4ht working
properly, write more documentation and make a new release. But
often, we both have been severely handicapped due to lack of time,
preoccupations at work, etc. If more people volunteer to take up the
maintenance of a few packages of their choice (*.4ht), a better
working TeX4ht is not a distant dream at all.  *.4ht packages need
updates or reworking whenever new version of the corresponding
mainstream LaTeX package is released at CTAN. Otherwise, TeX4ht will
break down for a user who has the updated version of a LaTeX
package.

> I certainly for one have found that the package can be coerced to
> work.
>
> I wonder if some thing could be done to make packages more
> supportable. Could class files and styles be organized in some
> very consistent way to allow outsiders to work with them?

Eiten followed his own custom literate programming method which is
not very difficult to understand. Sources of all the *.4ht packages,
documentation, notes and even mails from users are available in
tex4ht-4ht.tex.  These literate sources are available in the 'lit'
directory of the project svn.  Those who are interested may kindly
grab the file, make necessary modifications, compile the document
with 'tex' thrice, you will get all the new versions of *.4ht
packages. This is the right way of modifying or maintaining TeX4ht
packages.  Hope people will volunteer to help.

Best regards
--
Radhakrishnan