[tex4ht] [Pgfplots-features] pgfplots creation of two SVGs, inclusion of wrong one in html

Christian Feuersaenger cfeuersaenger at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 14 22:21:03 CEST 2011

Hi Johannes,

you are a fast write, I see :)

Yes, you did send me your script thanks! I will copy it now to keep a
reference at hand.

You are right, results are not perfect. In fact, I tried another example
and stumbled over problems with math mode inside of nodes -- in these
case, the SVG contains − which appears to be bad. Unfortunately,
the tikz driver can no longer produce mathml (the '/tikz/tex4ht
node/escape=true' switch does not seem to work) which should probably
fix it!?

Do you know a solution for this problem? Interestingly, your examples
works produces a legend (which is partially correct) when I provide
\tikzset{/tikz/tex4ht node/escape=true,every node/.style={tex4ht
node/escape=true}}
after \begin{document}. But the other nodes appear to be broken. Very
strange all that.

I haven't heard anything about a tool which produces correct SVG output
of tikz, no. But that does not mean anything, I admit - I haven't
followed much about tex4ht development recently. I would just like it to
work with reliably. If they managed to fix the tex4ht driver of tikz,
that would probably be a good patch for tikz.

Best regards

Christian