[tex4ht] [Pgfplots-features] pgfplots creation of two SVGs, inclusion of wrong one in html

Johannes Wilm mail at johanneswilm.org
Wed Sep 14 22:08:40 CEST 2011


that sounds really good. The final SVG is still not perfect though -- the
legend is not drawn for example, and the SVG is not alrge enough to contain
all the text.

I did send you the link to my spaghetti-code work-around script, right?


Whatever happened to the effort for perfect tikz -> SVG conversion that was
supposed to come out within a few weeks? Have you heard more about that?

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 1:35 PM, Christian Feuersaenger <
cfeuersaenger at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi Johannes,
> a couple of months ago, you reported a problem with SVG output of pgfplots:
> there have been TWO SVG rather than one per figure.
> Although I assume that the issue is no longer important for you, you may be
> interested in the following news:
> I am currently working on a prototype which allows pgfplots to save one
> temporary pgf node - and this node was the cause for the outer SVG. I have
> just ran an experiment with
> htlatex testXXX.tex
> on your example. I only uncommented some of your \HCode instructions and
> added my new feature 'cell picture=false' to the option list and got the
> attached results (just one SVG).
> Best regards
> Christian
> Am 27.07.2011 03:04, schrieb Johannes Wilm:
>> Hi again,
>> sorry for cross-posting. I am not quite sure whether this falls into the
>> expertise of one or the other group.
>> The attached is a test case of a document which includes a graph I've
>> created with pgfplots and then converted to html using tex4ht. I fixed the
>> SVG-output with the script I recently mailed around.
>> The problem is this: There is only one graph. Yet for some reason 2 SVG
>> files are created. The second SVG-file seems to just be empty, whereas the
>> first one includes the graph. For some reason the HTML-code that is being
>> output only includes the second, empty, SVG-file.
>> This is what I ran:
>> /dvilualatex test.tex
>> dvilualatex test.tex/
>> /dvilualatex test.tex/
>> /tex4ht -f/test.tex/
>> /t4ht -f/test.tex/
>> /fix_svg_legend.py test-1.svg/
>> /fix_svg_legend.py test-2.svg/
>> Obviously I could make a script that simply exchanges all occurrences of
>> "test-2" with "test-1" and so on. But strangely, when the legend is in a
>> separate svg, the legend works fine, so the numbering wouldn't work out that
>> way.
>> I believe this is my very last issue with the whole setup. So if it cannot
>> be resolved, I'll spend another day on a quick fix rather than trying to
>> switch tools as some have recommended I do.
>> Sincerely,
>> --
>> Johannes Wilm
>> http://www.johanneswilm.org
>> tel: +1 (520) 399 8880
>> ------------------------------**------------------------------**
>> ------------------
>> Got Input?   Slashdot Needs You.
>> Take our quick survey online.  Come on, we don't ask for help often.
>> Plus, you'll get a chance to win $100 to spend on ThinkGeek.
>> http://p.sf.net/sfu/slashdot-**survey<http://p.sf.net/sfu/slashdot-survey>
>> ______________________________**_________________
>> Pgfplots-features mailing list
>> Pgfplots-features at lists.**sourceforge.net<Pgfplots-features at lists.sourceforge.net>
>> https://lists.sourceforge.net/**lists/listinfo/pgfplots-**features<https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/pgfplots-features>

Johannes Wilm
tel: +1 (520) 399 8880
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://tug.org/pipermail/tex4ht/attachments/20110914/afe33145/attachment.html>

More information about the tex4ht mailing list