[tex4ht] [bug #144] mk4ht and align, eqnarray, etc.

William F Hammond hammond at csc.albany.edu
Fri Aug 26 19:37:23 CEST 2011

Radhakrishnan CV <cvr at river-valley.org> writes:

> On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Fabrice <puszcza-hackers at gnu.org.ua> wrote:

>> above, there is this problem of equation and equation number superposition:

What superposition?  Using xhtml generated from the original TeX
source (with missing backslashes added), I get a document that
(1) renders correctly in IE-8 [which happens to be handy] with MathPlayer
and (2) renders correctly with MathJax when a suitable invocation for
HTML/CSS display is added such as here:
http://www.albany.edu/~hammond/private/fabrice-eqna5.html

So let me guess that we're talking about Firefox, where I do see
superposition.

If to the xhtml I add a small bit of inline CSS as follows,

mtd {
  border: 0.1ex solid red;
}

obtaining this

   http://www.albany.edu/~hammond/private/fabrice-eqnau.xhtml

it seems clear to me in Firefox that I'm looking at a browser
rendering error where the "x \in \R" overflows its cell.

                                    -- Bill