[tex4ht] validity of tex4ht HTML-code output

Johannes Wilm mail at johanneswilm.org
Thu Jul 28 12:42:38 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 2:10 AM, Ulrike Fischer <news3 at nililand.de> wrote:

> It doesn't produce invalid html, it produce html 4.01:
>
> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
>
> Which is different to xhtml which would get with the xhtml option

> The W3C tells me there are around 3000+ errors in it, even though it can se
the declarion. Does HTML 4.01 allow for one making up one's own tags and
attributes? Like tspan and font-weight (not as css, but as an attribute of
tspan)? Do P-tags not have to be closed?

At any rate, tidy manages to clean all this up for me. I am happy.

--
Johannes Wilm
http://www.johanneswilm.org