[tex4ht] dvilualatex and tex4ht

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Wed Jul 20 14:43:17 CEST 2011

Am Wed, 20 Jul 2011 05:10:31 -0700 schrieb Johannes Wilm:

>> Btw: It would be useful if you always add a small example for test.

>> I tried a bit but didn't reach something conclusive yet (and I don't
>> have currently the time to do more). The main problem imho will be
>> with fonts: As long as you use the "normal" tex-fonts with tfm + 256
>> characters everything is fine. As soon as you use fontspec + system
>> fonts you will run into problem as the dvi will contain reference to
>> non-existing tfm's and -- more importantly -- to char numbers way
>> above 256.

> I did remove everything font-related. I only need various European
> languages.
> In the end both of th original error messages had gone away. They were
> replaced by new error messages, that apparently are the same on xelatex.
> This was one of them and the other ones looked very similar:
> http://tug.org/pipermail/tex4ht/2011q2/000311.html

Well if you had added a small example as I asked above it would be
perhaps possible to help you. 

The error in the message came from fontspec, but as you claimed that
you removed everything font related it can't be the source of your

Ulrike Fischer 

More information about the tex4ht mailing list