[tex4ht] Output directory

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Thu Feb 17 02:09:28 CET 2011

On 17/02/11 6:19 AM, Karl Berry wrote:

[...]

> I'm not aware of any such "tidy" option :(.  It would be nice, but it's
> not exactly simple to implement (nothing is :().
>
> I appreciate that this isn't a general solution, but FWIW, what I do is
> run everything using a Makefile and rm the stuff afterwards.  As in:
>
> 	htlatex whatever.tex
> 	rm -f *.4ct *.4tc *.aux *.dvi *.idv *.lg *.log *.tmp *.trc *.xref
> 	rm -f *.4es *.png tmp
>
> (Of course one may not to actually delete all such files every time, etc...)

Sorry for late reply.

I think, we can make use of \Needs command in an effective manner.
Please see the following example:

%----------------> Begin <-----------------

\documentclass[a4paper]{article}

\begin{document}

\title{Title}
\author{Author}
\maketitle

\section{Section One}

This is a test for moving all files to another directory.

\Needs{"mkdir -p mytmp"}
\Needs{"mv \jobname.{4ct,4tc,aux,css,dvi,idv,html,lg,log,xref} mytmp"}

\end{document}

You might prefer to use the system commands specific to your operating
system.

Best regards
--
Radhakrishnan