[tex4ht] [bug #133] space semantics in HTML vs. TeX

Karl Berry puszcza-hackers at gnu.org.ua
Sun Oct 10 18:36:44 CEST 2010

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

I think the HTML output should preserve the same semantics as the TeX space
commands.  That is, "\ " should be breakable (<wbr> <wbr>), and "\,"
unbreakable ( ).  Full space for the latter because the Unicode real
thinspace character is probably not supported widely enough yet.  Whether
  or &#x00A0; is used doesn't seem important to me, results are the
same.

Submitting this so we (maybe) won't forget about it, whatever we decide about
the final outcome.