[tex4ht] unwanted non-breaking space after \

Michael A. Allen frmaa at mahidol.ac.th
Wed Sep 29 18:26:11 CEST 2010

Thanks for the quick reply - but I think you are wrong about \ being
non-breaking. See http://www.ics.uci.edu/~pan/documents/latex/ltx-143.html
for example - it says \ and {} are equivalent. Sorry I couldn't come up
with a more authoritative reference. Anyway, using {} instead of \ with
tex4ht does result in an ordinary space in the html code.

The following example demonstrates that the space after \LaTeX\ is
breakable:

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
A \hspace{7cm} bla bla bla 20~km \LaTeX\ rules bla bla
\end{document}